How to Remove AVG Secure Search
Similarly Interesting Articles...
AVG Secure Search is a new tab feature that integrates a search box that opens as a new tab window. There is nothing to worry about this AVG Secure Search. In fact, it is powered by Yahoo! to help users search the web in the most secure way. By opening AVG Secure Search in a new tab, you can do multiple searches by simply opening new tabs.
Not all are pleased with this new feature. Others may find it annoying every time an AVG Secure Search tab just open on its own. Forums and discussion boards are comprise of questions about “How to remove AVG Secure Search?” Therefore, in this article, we will compile all necessary procedures to disable, remove or uninstall this feature.
Disable Secure Search from AVG Toolbar Options
1. On AVG Toolbar, click on the logo.
2. AVG will display a drop down list. Click on Options.
3. It will open a window AVG Security Toolbar Option. Select the Advanced options on left pane.
4. Select your desired Default search engine and replace the existing configuration (AVG Secure Search).
5. Remove the check mark on the following:
- Set and keep AVG Secure Search as the search provider for Address bar.
- Set and keep AVG Secure Search as the default search provider.
6. Click OK to save the settings.
Remove AVG Secure Search in Internet Explorer
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. On top menu, click on Tools. Select Internet Option from the drop down list.
3. On Internet Options window, select the Programs tab.
4. Click on Manage add-ons button.
5. On left pane, choose Search Providers. You can see a list of search providers in right pane.
6. You cannot quickly remove AVG Secure Search if it is set as the default. Please select a default search provider first.
7. You can now Disable or Remove AVG Secure Search from the list.
8. Close the Manage Add-ons Window.
9. On Internet Options window, click on General tab.
10. Please set the Home page address to your own default URL.
Disable AVG Secure Search in Mozilla Firefox
1. Open Mozilla Firefox browser.
2. Look for the search box on the navigation tool bar. Click on the logo and select Manage Search Engines… from the drop down list.
3. It will open a window of Search Engine List.
4. Highlight AVG Secure Search and click on Remove button.
5. Click OK to save the current settings.
6. To restore your default homepage, go to top menu of Firefox browser and select Tools.
7. Click Options from the list.
8. On General tab, set your default homepage by typing a URL of your choice.
9. Click OK to save and exit the Option window.
Remove AVG Secure Search in Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome Internet browser.
2. Click on the Wrench icon located in the upper right corner of Google Chrome.
3. Select Settings from the list.
4. Choose Basics on left pane. Click on Manage Search Engine… on the right pane.
5. Hover your mouse on your desired search engine and click on Make Default.
6. Hover your mouse on AVG Secure Search and click the X mark to delete the item.
7. Close the window.
8. Back at the Basics screen, locate the Home page area and set the default home page address to your chosen URL.