Change SkyDrive Folder Location In Windows
Similarly Interesting Articles...
When you add SkyDrive folder in Windows using the default installation of “SkyDrive for Windows”, the default directory will be C:\Users\[Your Name]\SkyDrive. This folder will sync with your other SkyDrive location and device if properly set. Synchronizing your Windows SkyDrive folder with other devices or even in SkyDrive.com may run you into a problem of insufficient disc space. This may happen if there are existing disc partitions and is common to Windows systems these days.
Microsoft is aware of this. That is why they will let you decide on the default SkyDrive folder location while installing the client software for Windows. Similarly, you have an option to change SkyDrive folder location even after installing the program. If SkyDrive default folder already exists and you want to modify it, please follow this guide.
1. Access the SkyDrive settings on your Windows system tray. Click on the SkyDrive icon, then choose Settings.
2. It will launch SkyDrive window. Select About tab.
3. On lower part of the window, click on Unlink SkyDrive. Click OK to proceed.
Important: Before unlinking SkyDrive for Windows, please make sure that there are no existing file uploads or synchronization. This process will break your current connection.
4. The process will give you fresh setup of SkyDrive for Windows.
5. It will display a Welcome to SkyDrive welcome screen. Click on Get Started to continue.
6. Sign-in with your Live ID.
7. On the next screen, you it gives you an option to change the default SkyDrive folder location. Click the Change button and browse for your desired directory.
8. You can see on the screen the new directory of SkyDrive. Press Next to proceed.
Now that you have a changed the default location of SkyDrive folder, make sure that all your files and folders are up to date before you delete the old SkyDrive folder.