How to Set English as Google Chrome Default Search and Language
Similarly Interesting Articles...
To give you better local browsing experience using Google Chrome, the browser is configured to install based on your default language and territory. Both your search result and Chrome’s interface will be set to native language during the installation process. However, some still favored to use international language and wanted to set English as default language when using Google Chrome.
This procedure will set your default search to google.com and also adjust the browser’s interface to English
Set Google Chrome Search to Google.com
1. Open Google Chrome.
2. Right-click on address bar and click on Edit Search Engine (the last selection on drop down list).
3. On Other search engine, input the following information:
Name: Google English
Keyword: google (or anything)
4. Press Enter when done. Hover your mouse over the newly added item and click on Make Default.
Your search will now use the default google.com search engine. The Search will produce International result.
Configure Google Chrome Browser Interface Language to English as Default
1. On upper menu, click on Wrench Icon. ‘Customized and Control Google Chrome’
2. From drop down list, select Options (fifth item from the bottom).
3. Click on Under the Hood (last item) on left side bar.
4. Go to Web Content and click on Languages and spell-checker settings…
5. Languages options will appear select English and click on Display Google Chrome in this language.
6. Restart the browser to save the changes.